Thursday, February 5, 2009

Second Anniversary

Okay... I should be getting some chores done but they fall into the undesirable, unfun, easily procratinated catagory (eg: scooping out the cat boxes) so I'll just get to them when I get to them if that's okay with everyone. (excluding the cats)

Today is my 2nd anniversary and the hubby and I have plans to eat out and then go see a comedy show. We've been on a low budget for what seems like an eternity so this is indeed a big outing for us.

Our 2 years have not passed without challenges, but I've come to accept that marriage is a process that does not always cohere to the blissful paragon that is the oft conjured fairytale of our youth. Or perhaps that's just the whole wedding day fantasy. In either case, it's certainly not all rainbows and butterflies and happy endings. At least not from my experience.

It is, however, a grand adventure and a constant work in progress that centers around the key issue in our lives which I believe is learning to love one another. It's why we're here, as far as I can tell, and although marriage is not the only arena in which the lesson is applied, it is probably the most quintessential. Sharing one's life, day after day, with another person can be as complicated as it is rewarding. Personally, I like being married.... (most of the the time).

So. Two years. So far so good!!
Ciao people.

Pamela

3 comments:

  1. L' chiam! Enjoy your outing. Angel thanks you very much for your nice comments today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you both an absolutely wonderful anniversary! Enjoy your night out and enjoy just being together. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary. Love the look of your B&B.

    ReplyDelete

The Magic Door

The Magic Door
our home & business

Binkley on patrol

Binkley on patrol
all calm in the neighborhood

3 out of 4

3 out of 4